by Abdul Hussain
Here’s me making a dipping sauce that consists of 4 ingredients, and is simple, yet flavourful, and it only takes 5 minutes to make, provided that you have both hands available to the task, unlike me when I made the video that is embedded in this blog entry.
Hafeez & Marney – for helping me with figuring out this recipe
INGREDIENTS (for a cereal bowl portion):
• 3 parts mayo
• 1 part tomato ketchup
• ½ tablespoon of ground black pepper
• ¼ tablespoon of mint sauce
- Add the mayo
- Then add the tomato ketchup
- Then add ½ tablespoon of ground black pepper, or grind some black pepper up to said measurement
- Lastly, add ¼ tablespoon of mint sauce
- Stir until well-combined and serve.
4-5 minutes, but doing this, one-handed, with a cellphone in my hand, took me almost 11 minutes.
Measurements provided here are a guideline, and will need to be adjusted if one is to serve this in varying quantities for varying scenarios – exempli gratia: birthday parties, Iftar (opening a fast in Ramadan with food) feasts, et cetera.:
• The sauce is known as “Caspian sauce”, which is named after the fact that Caspian Pizza, a UK-based pizza takeout, is known to serve this sauce with pizzas, and is also known as “special sauce” in UK-based local competing pizza takeouts
• Finding the recipe for this sauce is not easy, and as far as I am aware, I couldn’t even find the recipe on the Internet before making this sauce myself.